Saturday, April 18, 2009

Procrastination Contest: Entry #1

Here's our first of the top five entries in the procrastination contest. This one is by ELI student Sarah Smith:

Make a schedule and stick with it! Every week I map out what my schedule will look like - with school, work, and volunteer commitments I have to do it or I'd be lost - and I make sure to incorporate blocks of time for studying into each day's schedule. Even if the blocks are only 15 minutes long, I aim to accomplish something. Of course, there are days when I don't really feel like concentrating enough to tackle homework assignments, but when that happens, I try to do the kinds of work that doesn't require much thought but helps me in the long run. Making flashcards (or flipping through them) is a great example of such a task, actually, and I can even do it while taking the metro or watching TV!

2 comments:

  1. There is a time management scheduling chart on the NVCC site that some of you might find helpful:
    http://www.nvcc.edu/loudoun/studserv/counseling/Time_Management.doc

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a strategy that I used in school when I had to balance a full class schedule, a part-time job, and a social life. It worked for me.

    ReplyDelete