- Get started right away. Log into your course site as soon as the class begins and read the syllabus carefully. Pay special attention to deadlines for submitting your work and course policies regarding late work, withdrawals, and incompletes.
- Remember that every ELI course is different, just as every course on campus is different. Even if you have taken lots of ELI courses before, you can't assume that you know how your new course(s) work. Read all the course policies carefully!
- Ask your professor questions whenever you have them--all our faculty are here to help you do your best!
- Don't procrastinate. Whether your course has regular weekly assignment deadlines or not, make yourself a weekly schedule for your studies and stick to it. Getting behind on work and having trouble catching up is the biggest challenge ELI students face.
- Don't forget ELI staff are here to help as well! If you have technical problems, can't find the materials you need for your course, or have any question at all, please contact ELI so we can help you! Visit our website, where you'll find information on how to contact us by email, chat, or phone.
- If you are having trouble with your course material, try out our free online tutoring! You can find all the information at the ELI website.
Good luck this semester!