Advising Week for the Spring 2011 semester is here. Here is important information and reminders from ELI Counselors...
It's time once again to begin preparing for your next semester. Advising week is a great time for you to connect with your academic advisor and begin to plan your next semester. Your advisor can help you with identifying and focusing on your long-term educational and career goals. If you intend to pursue a specific program of study at NOVA and have officially declared this program (been program placed), contact an appropriate Division Office on a NOVA campus that offers your program to be assigned an advisor. Remember to print and review a copy of your degree progress report before communicating with your advisor. The degree progress report will identify how courses you have taken, are in the process of taking, or have received transfer credit apply to your declared program of study. If you have not declared a program of study or are not pursuing a specific program at NOVA, contact an ELI counselor at email@example.com or 703.323.2425 for assistance.
On Tuesday, November 2 at 4:00pm and Wednesday, November 3 at 12:15pm a webinar, "Getting Ready for Your Next Semester," will be held to assist you with planning for your next semester. Topics covered will include program identification, college resources, degree progress report, and course selection. The webinars are free, but advanced registration is required. Register online here.
Here are a few more helpful tips for preparing your schedule and getting ready for your Spring semester:
- Priority Registration - begins November 9. If you are a returning student check your assigned priority registration date in NOVAConnect to see when you can begin to register for courses.
- Open Registration - for returning and new students begins on November 15.
- Schedule of Classes - the Spring 2011 Schedule of Classes is now available online. You can also search for Spring courses in NOVAConnect - just remember to update your user preferences first. (By the way, do you know how to find ELI courses using NOVAConnect? If not, see this post.)
- Payment Information - remember to pay for your courses to avoid being dropped due to nonpayment. Check here for details about payment methods and deadlines.
- Graduation Deadline - If you plan to complete your career studies certificate, certificate, or degree requirements during the Spring semester, you must apply for graduation no later than March 1. More information and the online Application for Graduation are available here.