Every adult and student enrolled in public, private, and parochial schools in states with participating NCDA state divisions are eligible.
Contest Division Areas Include:
- Senior: Grades 9-12
- Adult Student: 18 and older enrolled in school
- Open Adult: 18 and older not enrolled in school (student teachers, parents, and professionals . . . )
- Form: Any acceptable poetic form (e.g. cinquain, free verse, diamante, haiku, limerick, metered, rhyming, blank verse).
- Size: Each poem should be submitted on a single sheet of paper 8.5” x 11” in 12 point font.
- Lettering: Simple bold lettering is preferred. Captions are to be used to convey the theme, attract attention, and to achieve goals of clarity, vigor, and originality. All lettering is considered part of the design.
- Size: Each poster must be created in 8.5” x 11” format, including matte, to be eligible.