As a friendly reminder, Mother’s Day is right around the corner – this Sunday, May 13th. If you haven’t selected a gift yet, below is a list of options to choose from:
• A gift card – If you know your mother’s favorite clothing store or restaurant, inserting a gift card into your Mother’s Day card makes a nice surprise gift. If you are not sure of your mother’s favorite places to shop and dine, ask some of her friends and other relatives. You can purchase these at most grocery stores or drug stores.
• A gift basket – A fruit basket is always a good choice, but if you know what your mother likes to cook with such as a combination of spices or sauces, they sell gift baskets with different varieties of these selections, you might also benefit if your mother cooks an extra special meal!
• A day at the spa (or an hour depending on your budget!). Your mother will appreciate a day, or even just a 30-60 minute massage to relax and unwind. You may even be able to find Mother’s Day specials at some spas or a special offer if it is your first visit.
• Home décor gifts are always a good choice. If your mother likes decorated picture frames, or even a cozy blanket throw that matches her sofa, knowing her favorite colors and decoration pieces will help you select an appropriate gift to blend in with her home décor. You could even personalize it by contributing a family photo in a decorative picture frame.
• You can’t go wrong with sending chocolates or cookies; these can be especially fun if the family unites for a Mother’s Day dinner party.
• A plant. If your mother likes to care for plants and watch them grow, this is an especially good option. Or, if she likes gardening, getting her some gardening plants will help inspire her creativity.
• Candles – If your mother enjoys scented candles, picking out a spice or an aroma that is synonymous with her favorite flower, spice or dessert is a good choice. If your mother prefers unscented candles, you could get her a decorative candle with lots of colors and design patterns. Yankee Candle has a great selection of various candle types to choose from.
• Flowers – It is pretty common that most Floral Shops offer Mother’s Day specials and you can order and have them delivered right from your computer. Pro-flowers and FTD are suggestions; however, there may be other choices that offer great deals for this special occasion.
These are just some options and your mother may have already mentioned something that she wanted; in that case, most of the work is done for you. You don’t have to go through the thinking involved in wondering what she would like, but if you do, the above suggestions are good starters. For more information on this topic, visit this link.