Late June – early July is the period of heaviest testing for the Summer 2013 semester at ELI. Exams are due for all sessions, 6, 8, and 12 week. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when taking exams during this period.
1. Never wait until the last minute to test. Crowds can be large, lines long, and Blackboard can be affected by the volume.
2. Avoid Saturdays, if at all possible. If you cannot, please arrive at or before the testing center opening time. If your course offers exam proctoring through ProctorU, consider using that option, keeping in mind item number one. Blackboard is affected everywhere during high volume periods.
3. Please note there can be lines during this period, even during what might normally be slow times at your campus testing center. Plan to arrive earlier than you normally would at other times during the semester.
4. Be sure to have your completed exam pass and your photo ID ready when you arrive. Anything that speeds up the process of getting students into the center and exams started is beneficial to all.
5. Please keep in mind testing center staff are doing the best they can with the resources they are provided. A smile can go a long way to make everyone’s experience a pleasant one.