Tuesday, July 30, 2013

ELI Student Post: Be Inspired and "Go For It"!

ELife would like to thank ELI student, Shauna, for today's blog contribution.

When I first started college, I was taking on-campus classes and the thought of taking an online class made me fall asleep. Then, I started to have to work, to pay for school. That pretty much took over my life, now 3 years later I am back in school but only online courses, to compliment my work schedule. 

I have always wondered what it would be like to take an online course and still continue to work. Well, this past summer I was able to experience my first online course and I must say it was great. This course was an 8-week course so everything was pretty fast paced but at the same time easy to follow, thanks to the syllabus and good time management skills.  

Now I must admit, at first, I was a little overwhelmed while working and logging in to do my assignments because just looking at anything school related made me a little nervous but the best way to deal with school anxiety is to just take your time and prioritize everything in order to get everything done on time. Also some other good advice is to ask your instructors anything you might have a question about especially being an online student in a condensed course. Another thing to try not to do is PROCRASTINATE.  I know it is really hard not to but in order to succeed in school or anything for that matter, I would suggest you don’t procrastinate. 

All these strategies I used for my class and it worked wonders for me. So this post is just to motivate all the people out there who think just because you have been out of school for awhile does not mean you cannot go back.  So go for it!=) 

ELife would like to thank Shauna for today's blog contribution.  We invite our ELI students, faculty/staff to contribute to the ELife blog. Please send your submissions to ELISuccess@nvcc.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment