One of the first things I tried out was the calendar on my cell phone to set reminders for important events. If I also set a reminder the Monday of the week an important assignment is due, I find that I then manage to make plenty of time to work on it that week. Unfortunately, this only works when my phone is both on and charged—two things I often forget to take care of. The next method I discovered was a way to forward my mail from my student email account to my main address, so I can I receive any announcements from my teachers as quickly as possible.
Finally, while I was logged into my student email account to forward the mail, I noticed that I have access to Google’s Calendar program there. Although I have Outlook at work, I don’t have it at home, so I decided to use the Google Calendar as a way to remind myself of deadlines and events when working from my home computer. And with Google Calendar, I can set reminders for the events that will be sent to me by email, which will be forwarded to my personal account too, so that gives me an additional failsafe to make sure I don’t miss a deadline.
Here are the directions on how to forward mail from your student email account:
- To forward all emails sent to a student email account to a personal email address, log into your student account.
- Then click where it says Settings in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Then select Forwarding and POP/IMAP from the top row of the menu.
- Select the Forward a copy of incoming mail to:
- Enter the email address you want the mail forwarded to, and then select the Save changes button at the bottom of the screen.