- Check your course syllabus for the end date or the last day you can take exams for each class. Not all students begin or end at the same time; it depends on your registration date. Additionally, your instructor may require you to complete a certain number of exams by alternate deadlines.
- Do not wait till the last minute to test, especially if your test is on-line. Frequently, there is a waiting list for a computer on the last day. Sometimes, but not often, there are Internet issues. It is strongly recommended that you arrive a minimum of 2 hours prior to closing to allow for test setup and student lines.
- Avoid taking multiple exams on the same day. Just because you are inside the Testing Center, you will not be guaranteed a computer or a seat. And you will have to go to the end of the line for each exam.
- Your test pass must be completely filled out before you arrive, or you will lose your place in line. This post shows how to access your exam passes.
- In order to take any test, you must present a current photo ID and a Student ID number. Acceptable forms of ID include driver's license, NOVACard, passport, personal ID from the DMV, military ID or green card.
- Check the website for current hours and remember that you must be checked in 90 minutes prior to closing to receive a test. Hours are posted here.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Testing Center Tips for Summer Students
NOVA's Testing Centers and ELI want to do everything possible to help you be successful in the completion of your summer ELI courses. With that in mind, here are some “tips” help you plan better and insure a fiasco free testing experience.