Wednesday, September 21, 2011

If I Only Had More Time

Ever wonder where the time goes?  Often, it seems there are never enough hours in a day or enough days in a week to accomplish everything we would like to get done.  While it’s not possible to add more hours to a day or more days to a week it is possible to take time to reflect upon how you are using your time to determine where you might “find” time or use your time more effectively. To help you determine how you are currently using your time it is recommended that you complete a time analysis exercise like the “How do you spend your time each day?” exercise available from Study Guides and Strategies.  After completing a time analysis exercise, ask yourself the following questions:
  • What are my priorities?
  • Does how I am spending my time reflect my priorities?
  • Is the time I am spending for each area I have identified realistic?
  • If the answer to the last question is no, brainstorm about actions you could take to use your time more effectively. 
Need more information or tips?  Take a look at any of the following resources:

1 comment:

  1. Managing time can be difficult.. but once you get a hang of it, Wow does it make your life better! I have always been organized, and that is a big part of time management. I set myself little reminders on my phone or have alarms on my watch that keep me on top of what I am supposed to be doing, and when. Also, I schedule out each day up to a week before - or I at least know my following day's schedule. That way I know where I need to be, or what I need to do all throughout the day and it keeps me on time and allows me to complete all of my daily tasks. Time management is something you have to get used to, but by implementing little reminders into your life, it can make things much easier!

    ReplyDelete