End of summer blues got you down? Even though we are at the end of in early September, this month still has a few weeks of summer prior to the change of seasons. Below are some suggestions for enhancing and prolonging the last few days of summer as you prepare for the impending fall season.
· Put fewer demands on your schedule where you can. Carve out time in the evening after work or on the last weekend of summer to go for a nature walk, take a ride to a scenic park, or take a road trip to somewhere new with lots of outdoor stimuli such as an outdoor petting zoo. Appreciate the passage of time without being at the mercy of the clock for one day.
· If your schedule is packed during the day on weekdays, carve out an hour in the morning or evening to drink in the sun and enjoy the extended period of daylight in the later afternoon hours. Get out as much as you can while the temperatures are still comfortable and warm.
· Engage in a summer fun activity such as bike riding, volleyball or having coffee or tea with a friend at an outside table. Keep yourself active while the weather is still ideal for outdoor activities.
· Try a refreshing summer recipe such as spinach salad with strawberries and pecans with a light vinaigrette dressing. Or, try preparing a chilled casserole dish with fresh vegetables. Try your hand at something creative in the kitchen and enjoy a meal with friends and family outdoors.
· Take an adventurous trip to a destination that you’ve never been to. Take in the scenery during the trip and create mental memories of what you enjoyed most. Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts.
· Remind yourself of the bright colors that summer brings by getting a flower bouquet to brighten up your home or by wearing bright colors and noticing the visual appeal that brings you back to summer so that the feeling of summer sticks with you as you approach the autumn season.
For more information on this topic, visit this link.