If you are considering a summer internship and have not begun your search, now is the time to get your resume ready and begin applying.
Internships are an excellent way to gain experience, enhance your skills, expand your resume, gain professional references and network. As you take on varied responsibilities and shadow professionals, an internship may open new doors and will also enable you to better define your interests, talents, and skills.
Although most internships are unpaid, the opportunities for growth and development are invaluable. If you are interested in opening new doors through a summer internship, the resources referenced below will help you get started!
- Visit NOVA’s Cooperative Education and Internships website.
- For tips to help you obtain your desired internship explore the blog published by USA Today College, 5 Things to Do Right Now to Land a Summer Internship
- Help with searching for internships in your field at Find a Great Internship
- For interview tips, review our ELife Blog post, http://elifestudentblog.blogspot.com/2013/02/tools-for-success-preparing-for-job.html
- Explore the blog, How Interns Can Shine When There is Nothing to Do
There are countless summer internships (and volunteer opportunities) posted on the internet—create your personalized search to promote your future!